HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- Christine Capurso of Long Island, who reported that she was stabbed and sexually assaulted by her ex-husband and two other men in Hastings-on-Hudson in January was accused Thursday of fabricating the story, according to a report by Lohud.com.
Westchester County police obtained an arrest warrant for Capurso, 49, after an investigation revealed that minor stab wounds she reported were self-inflicted. Her ex-husband, Robert Capurso, an assistant fire chief in Yonkers, was not in the Hastings when Capurso reported the attack near Farragut Avenue in Hastings on Jan. 16, the report said.
Police said Capurso has since checked into a hospital and would be charged in the coming days with filing a false report, a misdemeanor.
Capurso first reported in a 911 call to police that her husband and two other men assaulted her, wrote on her and that she was left on the side of the road near the Saw Mill River Parkway exit on Farragut Parkway near her ex-husband's home.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 Sen. Stewart-Cousins Pushes Dobbs Ferry Permit Parking System Bill
- 3 Irvington Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You