HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- Christine Capurso of Long Island, who reported that she was stabbed and sexually assaulted by her ex-husband and two other men in Hastings-on-Hudson in January was accused Thursday of fabricating the story, according to a report by Lohud.com.
Westchester County police obtained an arrest warrant for Capurso, 49, after an investigation revealed that minor stab wounds she reported were self-inflicted. Her ex-husband, Robert Capurso, an assistant fire chief in Yonkers, was not in the Hastings when Capurso reported the attack near Farragut Avenue in Hastings on Jan. 16, the report said.
Police said Capurso has since checked into a hospital and would be charged in the coming days with filing a false report, a misdemeanor.
Capurso first reported in a 911 call to police that her husband and two other men assaulted her, wrote on her and that she was left on the side of the road near the Saw Mill River Parkway exit on Farragut Parkway near her ex-husband's home.
- 1 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 2 State Police Warn Rivertowns Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Man Recovering As 'Ice Missile' From 18-Wheeler On TZB Breaks Windshield
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 NYPD Detective Killed, Yonkers Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash ID'd