YONKERS, N.Y. -- The soldier who barricaded herself inside a building at Fort Lee in Virginia and later killed herself has been identified as a Yonkers resident, according to the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
Sgt. 1st Class Paula M. Walker, 33, had served in the Army for close to 14 years and had been stationed at Fort Lee since 2011 where she was a human resources specialist, the Times-Dispatch reported.
- 1 Hastings, Dobbs Ferry Rank Among New York's Safest Places To Live
- 2 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 3 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 4 National Weather Service: Rivertowns' Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 5 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester