DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. – Anthony "Tony" Martin Brajevich, a longtime Dobbs Ferry resident, died Nov. 23 at the New York State Veterans Home in Montrose. He was 92.
Born Nov. 27, 1919, Brajevich married Anne Bucci on Sept 10, 1955, at Our Lady of Pompeii Church. He served in the Army during World War II. After the war, he worked for Stern's department store in New York.
He left Stern's after 30 years and worked at the Dobbs Ferry post office, from which he retired after 17 years. Brajevich was a member of the Dobbs Ferry Embassy Club, American Legion Post 1048 and Dobbs Ferry Seniors.
He is survived by his wife; two sons, Anthony (Gail) and Alan Michael Brajevich; a sister, Gina Runak; a brother, Joseph Brajevich; and three grandchildren.
Visitation is from 7 to 9 p.m. Monday at Edwards-Dowdle Funeral Home in Dobbs Ferry. A Mass of the Resurrection will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday at Our Lady of Pompeii Church in Dobbs Ferry. Burial will be at Mount Hope Cemetery in Greenburgh.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Rivertowns
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Rivertowns
- 3 Rivertowns Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 4 Greenburgh School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts In Film
- 5 Explosion Blows Out Windows In Hartsdale Bagel Shop