TUCKAHOE, N.Y. - Blanche Costello of Tuckahoe died July 14. She was 74.
Costello was born May 31, 1940, in Indianola, Pa., to Alfred and Anna Desatnik Forte. Along with her husband, she ran their family businesses namely, Pat's Oakridge Grill in Eastchester and Ashford Deli in Dobbs Ferry. She also worked as a teacher’s aide in the Scarsdale Schools. She volunteered as a religious education teacher at Immaculate Conception in Tuckahoe and St. Anthony's in Yonkers.
Costello is survived by her children, Debra (Robert) Stanson, Patrick (Patricia) Costello, Eileen (William) Sullivan, William (Suzy) Costello, and Brian J. Costello; nine grandchildren; and siblings, Alfred (Kit) Forte, Ann Mary (Peter) Marottoli, and Bernadette Aikens. She was predeceased by her husband, William.
Calling hours are Wednesday, July 16 from 5 to 8 p.m. and Thursday, July 17 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Westchester Funeral Home, Inc., Eastchester. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, July 18 at Annunciation Church, Crestwood. Interment to follow at Holy Mount Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
For more information, please visit: http://www.westchesterfuneralhome.com
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Yonkers Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash ID'd
- 2 Rivertowns Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Rivertowns
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News