TUCKAHOE, N.Y. - Blanche Costello of Tuckahoe died July 14. She was 74.
Costello was born May 31, 1940, in Indianola, Pa., to Alfred and Anna Desatnik Forte. Along with her husband, she ran their family businesses namely, Pat's Oakridge Grill in Eastchester and Ashford Deli in Dobbs Ferry. She also worked as a teacher’s aide in the Scarsdale Schools. She volunteered as a religious education teacher at Immaculate Conception in Tuckahoe and St. Anthony's in Yonkers.
Costello is survived by her children, Debra (Robert) Stanson, Patrick (Patricia) Costello, Eileen (William) Sullivan, William (Suzy) Costello, and Brian J. Costello; nine grandchildren; and siblings, Alfred (Kit) Forte, Ann Mary (Peter) Marottoli, and Bernadette Aikens. She was predeceased by her husband, William.
Calling hours are Wednesday, July 16 from 5 to 8 p.m. and Thursday, July 17 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Westchester Funeral Home, Inc., Eastchester. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, July 18 at Annunciation Church, Crestwood. Interment to follow at Holy Mount Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
For more information, please visit: http://www.westchesterfuneralhome.com
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Apple's iPhone 6 Release Packs Malls In Westchester
- 3 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash