TUCKAHOE, N.Y. - Blanche Costello of Tuckahoe died July 14. She was 74.
Costello was born May 31, 1940, in Indianola, Pa., to Alfred and Anna Desatnik Forte. Along with her husband, she ran their family businesses namely, Pat's Oakridge Grill in Eastchester and Ashford Deli in Dobbs Ferry. She also worked as a teacher’s aide in the Scarsdale Schools. She volunteered as a religious education teacher at Immaculate Conception in Tuckahoe and St. Anthony's in Yonkers.
Costello is survived by her children, Debra (Robert) Stanson, Patrick (Patricia) Costello, Eileen (William) Sullivan, William (Suzy) Costello, and Brian J. Costello; nine grandchildren; and siblings, Alfred (Kit) Forte, Ann Mary (Peter) Marottoli, and Bernadette Aikens. She was predeceased by her husband, William.
Calling hours are Wednesday, July 16 from 5 to 8 p.m. and Thursday, July 17 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Westchester Funeral Home, Inc., Eastchester. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, July 18 at Annunciation Church, Crestwood. Interment to follow at Holy Mount Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
For more information, please visit: http://www.westchesterfuneralhome.com
- 1 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 2 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 5 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer