DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. - Dr. Joseph G. Sweeting, a longtime Dobbs Ferry resident, died April 29. He was 84.
Dr. Sweeting had a private practice and was a longtime professor of medicine at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York.
Dr. Sweeting is survived by his wife, Patricia; sons, George (Karen), Eric (Kristin), Paul (Valentina), Adam (Erica), Neil (Elizabeth), Mark (Britta); and seven grandchildren.
Calling hours are Thursday, May 1 from 3 to 5 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Edwards-Dowdle Funeral Home. Funeral Service Friday, May 2, 2014, 11 a.m. South Presbyterian Church, 343 Broadway, Dobbs Ferry, NY.
Memorial contributions may be made to Regis High School, Development Office, 55 E. 84th Street, NY, NY 10028, in memory of Dr. Joseph G. Sweeting or the P&S Scholarship Fund at the College of Physicians & Surgeons, Columbia University Medical Center, Office of Development, Attn: Jessica Roberts, 100 Haven Ave., Suite 29D, NY, NY 10032.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 3 D. Thomas Fine Miniatures Shop Opens In Hastings
- 4 Blaze In Dobbs Ferry Put Out By Seven Fire Departments Tops Week's News
- 5 SoHo East, Dobbs Ferry Pop Up Store Offers Home Goods, Jewelry