DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. – Eva Jones, a former Dobbs Ferry resident, died Jan 29. She was 91.
Born in Chester, Pa., she was the daughter of Peter and Julia Hrycyk. She married Reginald H. Jones on Dec. 18, 1939, in Yonkers. They moved to Dobbs Ferry in 1968 and lived there for more than 30 years.
Most recently of Yonkers, Hones enjoyed crocheting and made leg warmers and quilts for children in the hospital.
Jones is survived by a son, Reginald (Patricia) Jones; a daughter, Sandra (Charles) Couch; a sister, Ann Hrycyk; and two grandsons. She was predeceased by her husband in 1993; three sisters, Auga, Sophie and Mary; and two brothers, Stanley and Andy.
A funeral service will be held 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Edwards-Dowdle Funeral Home in Dobbs Ferry. Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Rivertowns On Wednesday
- 2 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Voters Approve Dobbs Ferry Schools $16M Capital Project
- 4 Robert E. Ritch, Sr., 76, Of Dobbs Ferry, Retired General Motors Employee
- 5 Yonkers Schools Take Action After Child Is Diagnosed With Enterovirus