YONKERS, N.Y. - Felicine R. Best (nee Ragoo), a longtime Yonkers resident, died Sunday March 31. She was 88.
Best was born Nov. 20, 1924 to Phillip and Catherine Riley Ragoo in Trinidad, West Indies, where she was raised and educated.
Best was a child care worker at St. Christopher's School in Dobbs Ferry for over 50 years until her retirement in 2000. She was a parishioner of Sacred Heart Church and a member of the local chapter of the NAACP.
Best is survived by daughters, Pamela Best Hairston (Ronald) of Yonkers and Petronilla Best Greene (Henry) of Yonkers; son, Christopher Best of Maryland; brother, Kenneth Ragoo of Trinidad; sister, Eileen Ragoo also of Trinidad; four grandchildren; four great grandchildren; several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by husband, Oscar; brothers, Dennis and Cyril Ragoo; sisters, Hansyn Thompson, Esme Chinnon, Lucia Noel, Maria Guy and Gloria Crawford.
Calling hours will be Wednesday, April 3 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Thursday, April 4 at 9:30 a.m. in Sacred Heart Church. Interment in St. Joseph Cemetery.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed In Saw Mill Parkway Accident In Dobbs Ferry
- 2 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 3 Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill River Parkway In Dobbs Ferry Is ID'd
- 4 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Killed In Dobbs Ferry
- 5 IRS Warns Rivertowns Residents Of Phone Scam