HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. - Gardner Osborn, Jr. of Hastings-on-Hudson died Feb. 28. He was 73.
Osborn was born in Dobbs Ferry and lived his entire life in Hastings. He was a 47 year member of the Uniontown Hose Co. #2 of the Hastings-on-Hudson Fire Dept. and achieved the rank of captain. He was also a member of the Westchester County Volunteer Fireman's Association. He worked for the Mount Hope Cemetery for 20 years. Prior to that he worked for Technicon and Firehouse Magazine.
Osborn is survived by his sons, Scott (Bonnie), William K. (Theresa), Kent (Adele); step-daughter, Jennifer Pardy; sister, Nancy Mitchell; and grandson, William Jr.
Calling hours are Tuesday, March 4 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Funeral Service will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, March 5 at the Edwards-Dowdle Funeral Home, 64 Ashford Ave., Dobbs Ferry.
- 1 Snow Likely In Rivertowns On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 3 Rivertowns Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Village Manager George Calvi Prepares To Say Goodbye To Ardsley
- 5 Route 119 Reopens After Closure In Greenburgh