HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. - Gardner Osborn, Jr. of Hastings-on-Hudson died Feb. 28. He was 73.
Osborn was born in Dobbs Ferry and lived his entire life in Hastings. He was a 47 year member of the Uniontown Hose Co. #2 of the Hastings-on-Hudson Fire Dept. and achieved the rank of captain. He was also a member of the Westchester County Volunteer Fireman's Association. He worked for the Mount Hope Cemetery for 20 years. Prior to that he worked for Technicon and Firehouse Magazine.
Osborn is survived by his sons, Scott (Bonnie), William K. (Theresa), Kent (Adele); step-daughter, Jennifer Pardy; sister, Nancy Mitchell; and grandson, William Jr.
Calling hours are Tuesday, March 4 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Funeral Service will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, March 5 at the Edwards-Dowdle Funeral Home, 64 Ashford Ave., Dobbs Ferry.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill River Parkway In Dobbs Ferry Is ID'd
- 2 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Killed In Dobbs Ferry
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 4 Village Manager George Calvi Prepares To Say Goodbye To Ardsley
- 5 IRS Warns Rivertowns Residents Of Phone Scam