HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. - Gardner Osborn, Jr. of Hastings-on-Hudson died Feb. 28. He was 73.
Osborn was born in Dobbs Ferry and lived his entire life in Hastings. He was a 47 year member of the Uniontown Hose Co. #2 of the Hastings-on-Hudson Fire Dept. and achieved the rank of captain. He was also a member of the Westchester County Volunteer Fireman's Association. He worked for the Mount Hope Cemetery for 20 years. Prior to that he worked for Technicon and Firehouse Magazine.
Osborn is survived by his sons, Scott (Bonnie), William K. (Theresa), Kent (Adele); step-daughter, Jennifer Pardy; sister, Nancy Mitchell; and grandson, William Jr.
Calling hours are Tuesday, March 4 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Funeral Service will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, March 5 at the Edwards-Dowdle Funeral Home, 64 Ashford Ave., Dobbs Ferry.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 4 Westchester Man Is Killed In NYC Hotel Construction Site Accident
- 5 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester