HARTSDALE, N.Y. -- Howard Jacobs, former chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Greenburgh Public Library, died Wednesday, April 2.
Greenburgh Town Supervisor Paul Feiner said Jacobs was the community leader most responsible for the expansion/construction of the new Greenburgh Public Library.
"He worked very hard on the initiative," Feiner sad. "Before the expansion took place Howard led a successful effort, persuading New York State to fund a cyber book mobile and enhancing library services for the community."
After Howard retired as chair of the Board of Trustees, the Greenburgh Library Board voted to name a photography gallery in honor of Howard and Ruth Jacobs.
The Jacobs have had a vision and commitment celebrating amateur photography and photographers in Westchester County. They have sponsored an amateur photo contest at the library.
Jacobs was a former member of the Greenburgh Board of Education. He was a respected educator and was involved in many community activities, including the Dad’s Club, for many years.
The Greenburgh Town Board will begin the Wednesday, April 9, meeting with a moment of silence in honor and in memory of Howard Jacobs.
The family will have a private service and is planning a public memorial at a date to be announced.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill River Parkway In Dobbs Ferry Is ID'd
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 3 Village Manager George Calvi Prepares To Say Goodbye To Ardsley
- 4 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations
- 5 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School