DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. – Mary Montalbano of Dobbs Ferry died Sept. 27. She was 99.
Montalbano was born March 14, 1913, in New York City to Giuseppi and Anita Paparo Tomaselli. Her family moved to Yonkers when she was a child. On Oct. 11, 1936, she married Leo W. Montalbano at Church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel in Yonkers.
The couple lived in Hastings-on-Hudson before moving to Dobbs Ferry in 1976. Montalbano worked as a statistical clerk for Westchester County in White Plains until 1979. A parishioner of Sacred Heart Church in Dobbs Ferry, Montalbano volunteered at the church and St. Cabrini Nursing Home in her retirement.
She enjoyed traveling and took many trips with her husband. Montalbano was also an excellent cook and loved to entertain her family with her traditional Italian cooking, her family said.
Montalbano is survived by a daughter, Nancy Montalbano-Hernandez, of Dobbs Ferry; three sons, Vincent (Azalea) Montalbano, of Hopewell Junction, N.Y., Joseph Montalbano, of Marblehead, Mass., and Leo Robert (Kathy) Montalbano, of Rye Beach, N.H.; a sister, Rose Modica, of Thornwood; eight grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Monday at Edwards-Dowdle Funeral Home in Dobbs Ferry. A Mass of the resurrection will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday at Church of the Sacred Heart in Dobbs Ferry.
- 1 Hastings, Dobbs Ferry Rank Among New York's Safest Places To Live
- 2 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 3 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 4 National Weather Service: Rivertowns' Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 5 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester