HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- Robert S. Fedor, 86, formerly of Hastings-on-Hudson, died on Dec. 7 at The Pines Nursing Home in Glens Falls, N.Y.
Born on Aug. 9, 1926 in Yonkers, he was the son of Stephen and Mary (Ponsrock) Fedor. He served during World War II in the Army and was a retired foreman with Westchester Roofing Supply in Mount Vernon.
Fedor and his wife, Lillian, were foster parents to 25 children.
He is survived by his wife of 59 years, Lillian (Stefanchik) Fedor of Brant Lake, N.Y.; a son, Anthony (Susan) Fedor of Monroe, Conn.; three daughters Susan Colvin of Peekskill, Jeannette (Charles) Beer of South Windsor, Conn, Joann (Robin) Castaldo of Hastings-on-Hudson, 10 grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
He was predeceased by two sisters; Marion Nyarady and Dolores Zink.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. on Jan. 26 at St. Matthew's Roman Catholic Church, 616 Warburton Ave., Hastings-on-Hudson. Burial will follow at St. Joseph's Cemetery, 209 Truman Ave., Yonkers.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Horicon Fire Dept., P.O. Box 120, Brant Lake, N.Y. 12815.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 4 Westchester Man Is Killed In NYC Hotel Construction Site Accident
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Says Former Sleepy Hollow Student Jenner In 20/20 Interview