MILLWOOD, N.Y. - Stephen Benchat of Millwood, and formerly of Hastings and Yonkers, died Feb. 21. He was 67.
Benchat was a graduate of Hastings High School, he was a star football player and wrestler. In 2005 he was inducted into Hastings Sports Hall of Fame. He was a Vietnam veteran and served in the U.S. Air Force.
Benchat is survived by his sisters, Jean (Tom) Hogan of Rhode Island, Lorraine (Karl) Wallin of Hobart; and a niece and nephews.
Calling hours are Tuesday, Feb. 25 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Hastings Funeral Home, 15 Spring St., with a funeral service to follow. Interment at Mount Hope Cemetery.
- 1 Rivertowns High Schools Rank Among New York's Best
- 2 Serious Crash Reported On Saw Mill Parkway
- 3 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Rivertowns; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 4 Student With Measles Rode Upstate Through Westchester
- 5 Greenburgh Doctor Sued In Joan Rivers Death Faced Earlier Malpractice Suit