YONKERS, N.Y. – Theresa "Roz" Chesnowski Skladony, a lifelong Yonkers resident, died Jan. 31 with family by her side. She was 84.
Skladony worked as a secretary for Children's Village in Dobbs Ferry for 12 years until her retirement in 1991.
She was born March 28, 1928, in Yonkers to Stanley and Mary Zelinski Chesnowski. Raised and educated in Yonkers, she graduated from Commerce High School. She was a parishioner of St. Anthony's Church in Yonkers.
On July 2, 1949, she married Francis J. Skladony in St. Casimir's Church. He died on May 15, 1977. She enjoyed spending time with her grandchildren and taking trips with the four grandsons with whom she lived.
Skladony is survived by a daughter, Susan (James) DuRoss, of Yonkers; two sons, John (Laurie) Skladony and Robert (Lynn) Skladony, both of Yonkers; seven grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by a sister, Sister Mary Adrienne.
Visitation is from 7 to 9 p.m. Saturday and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday at Whalen and Ball Funeral Home in Yonkers. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Anthony's Church. Burial will follow at Mount Hope Cemetery.
- 1 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 2 Rivertowns Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 4 800 Attend 25th Annual Thanksgiving Dinner For The Homeless In Hastings
- 5 Accidents Abound Amid Rain, Slush, Snow In Westchester