DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. - William Rizzuto of Dobbs Ferry died April 13. He was 84.
Rizzuto was born in the Bronx, andwas the son of Joseph and Mary Rizzuto. He moved to Dobbs Ferry in 1958. He was commander of the American Legion Post 1048 for many years after serving two years in the Army, one of which was spent in Korea.
He was also a 9th District Commander, a Westchester County Commander and Master at Arms for 15 years for the State of NY. He chaired committees such as Boys State, Americanism, Children & Youth, Legionnaire of the Year and Awards Committee. He became a life member of the American Legion and the National Rifle Association and various other organizations. During this time, he was also on the Board of Visitors at Montrose Hospital. He was elected a Village trustee and spent part of that time as "Acting Mayor".
Rizzuto is survived by his wife, Janet; children, Diana, William Jr. and Barbara (Luis); and three grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Wednesday, April 16 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Edwards-Dowdle Funeral Home, 64 Ashford Ave, Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522. Funeral Service will be held at 12 p.m. Thursday, April 17 at the funeral home.
Memorials to the Dobbs Ferry American Legion Building Fund, PO Box 76, Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Apple's iPhone 6 Release Packs Malls In Westchester
- 3 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash