HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. The staff at Andrus On Hudson told Hastings Police that a residents hearing aids were missing. The resident put the hearing aids, valued at $4,000, on her nightstand on July 26 and they could be lost or stolen during that night, police said.
The following items also were reported by Hastings Police:
- A Hastings resident reported that a package said to be delivered by the post office was reported as possibly stolen. The man said the package was confirmed as delivered by the post office and contained three recording microphones valued at $500. Police referred the resident to the post office to resolve the issue.
- A caller told police a car struck his parked car on Warburton Avenue and left the scene July 28 around 6 p.m. The car that fled is described as a blue van. Police responded to the scene and observed damage to the callers car on the drivers side, police said. Police canvassed the area with negative results.
- Police received a transfer call on July 29 from the Bergen County Police from a driver on Main Street in Hastings who said a white man pulled up next to her 17-year-old son and began making sexual comments to him, police said. The man was driving a white Chevy Impala and a canvass of the area yielded negative results.
- Police responded to a caller who reported a man in a red shirt was standing on the Warburton Avenue Bridge on July 31 for a long time, and was concerned for his safety. When patrol arrived on the scene, the man explained that he was just waiting for someone.
- A caller on Lefurgy Avenue reported an injured deer in his yard, police said. When patrol arrived on the scene, the deer was walking away on its own.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.