YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers Police are assisting FBI divers as they search the Hudson River near the City Pier on Tuesday, officials said.
Members of the Yonkers Police Detective Division began what they described as an "article search" on Monday, according to Yonkers Det. Lt. Patrick McCormack.
"Divers searched the water in the area and the YPD Marine Unit secured the immediate area for the divers' safety," McCormack said in a statement. "There is no immediate threat to the public and this search will continue tomorrow (Tuesday)."
Investigators said there is no immediate threat to the public.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Rivertowns On Wednesday
- 2 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Voters Approve Dobbs Ferry Schools $16M Capital Project
- 4 Robert E. Ritch, Sr., 76, Of Dobbs Ferry, Retired General Motors Employee
- 5 Yonkers Schools Take Action After Child Is Diagnosed With Enterovirus