YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers Police are assisting FBI divers as they search the Hudson River near the City Pier on Tuesday, officials said.
Members of the Yonkers Police Detective Division began what they described as an "article search" on Monday, according to Yonkers Det. Lt. Patrick McCormack.
"Divers searched the water in the area and the YPD Marine Unit secured the immediate area for the divers' safety," McCormack said in a statement. "There is no immediate threat to the public and this search will continue tomorrow (Tuesday)."
Investigators said there is no immediate threat to the public.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 Sen. Stewart-Cousins Pushes Dobbs Ferry Permit Parking System Bill
- 3 Irvington Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You