YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers Police are assisting FBI divers as they search the Hudson River near the City Pier on Tuesday, officials said.
Members of the Yonkers Police Detective Division began what they described as an "article search" on Monday, according to Yonkers Det. Lt. Patrick McCormack.
"Divers searched the water in the area and the YPD Marine Unit secured the immediate area for the divers' safety," McCormack said in a statement. "There is no immediate threat to the public and this search will continue tomorrow (Tuesday)."
Investigators said there is no immediate threat to the public.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Rivertowns
- 3 New Hastings Police Officer Graduates From County Academy
- 4 Schumer Calls For Repairs To Ashford Avenue Bridge
- 5 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester