WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – A Greenburgh woman was charged with operating vehicle while impaired on drugs after striking a police vehicle on Saturday.
Lisa F. Rossi, 48, was charged after she fled the scene after striking a marked New York State Police vehicle that was stopped on the shoulder of the Sprain Brook Parkway. Rossi also struck another vehicle that was stopped along the Sprain Book Parkway in Hawthorne, police said.
Two N.Y. State troopers were treated and released at Westchester Medical Center. Rossi is due in court on Friday, Feb. 7.
The incident marked the second time in less than a week a motorist faced charges after crashing into a police car. A Westchester County police officer was hospitalized following an accident on the Saw Mill River Parkway in Dobbs Ferry on Wednesday, Jan. 29 with a driver accused of being drunk.
- 1 Hastings HS Grad Marpet Selected In NFL Draft
- 2 Hastings HS Grad Marpet Projected As High Pick In NFL Draft
- 3 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 4 Couple Killed In Overnight Fire In Yonkers Believed To Be Composer, Pianist
- 5 Fiancée Angelika Graswald Charged With Hudson River Murder Of Kayaker