IRVINGTON, N.Y. -- A sixth-grade student taken to a local hospital after being struck by a motorist on busy Route 9 North Broadway after leaving the Irvington Middle and High School campus on June 19, the Irvington School District reported.
School Superintendent Kristopher M. Harrison said in a message on the district website that the youngster was taken to a local hospital for treatment and that police were investigating the incident.
"The Irvington Police are investigating this accident and we are fully cooperating with their work," Harrison's message said. "In addition, counselors were made available in the middle school conference room (June 19) and in subsequent days for any students or staff who may need to avail themselves of these services."
According to school officials, there were no updates to report Tuesday, June 24
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Voters Approve Dobbs Ferry Schools $16M Capital Project
- 3 Yonkers Schools Take Action After Child Is Diagnosed With Enterovirus
- 4 Slow-Moving Storm Will Bring Heavy Rain To Rivertowns
- 5 Accidents Tie Up Traffic For Evening Commuters In Westchester