DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. Edgar Medina Jr., a Yonkers resident and day student at St. Christophers, was arrested Sept. 12 after a bus driver told police Medina argued with him and punched a rear-view mirror.
Medina boarded the southbound bus about 3:30 p.m. and immediately began arguing with the driver, a 39-year-old man, police said. The driver told police the argument stemmed from an incident that occurred on the bus the day before. The bus driver pulled over immediately after Medina punched and shattered the mirror, and he then exited the bus, police said. Police found Medina at the infirmary at St. Christophers, where he was having his hand bandaged after it was cut on the mirror.
Medina was charged with fourth degree criminal mischief, a misdemeanor, and is set to appear in court Sept. 20.
Also reported in the Dobbs Ferry police blotter:
- A resident reported two bikes were stolen from her house on Ogden Avenue sometime between 4 p.m. Sept. 13 and 1 p.m. Sept. 14. Two childrens BMX bikes, valued at $400 and $350, were taken. The resident told police she was not sure if the bikes were locked, but several other bikes next to the stolen bikes were not taken.
- An Ashford Ave. resident called police Sept. 12 about 2:30 a.m. to report an unknown man was yelling loudly on the street and had punched a nearby window. The resident told police the man was having an argument on his cell phone and fled the area after hitting the window. Police said the window is valued at $300 and there is no description of the man.
- Police are investigating an incident of criminal mischief to a vehicle after a resident at an apartment complex on Broadway called to report her 2004 BMW was damaged Sept. 11. The woman said she heard the car alarm going off and several loud bangs. When she checked her car, she found the trunk dented and headlights smashed.
- A Dobbs Ferry High School student reported his iPhone was stolen from a locker room at the high school, located at 505 Broadway, between 3:15 and 6:30 p.m. Sept. 14, police said. The phone is valued at $600.
- A 65-year-old Dobbs Ferry resident reported the front and back license plates were taken from his Toyota Corolla between 8:30 p.m. Sept. 11 and 9:45 a.m. Sept. 12 while it was parked in the municipal parking lot on Oak Street.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.