YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers police are on alert Friday after an apartment complex was hit with four burglaries in the past 10 days.
Police said the burglaries occurred in the area of Shore View Drive and Beaumont Circle, which are part of the Crestwood Lake Apartments complex.
According to police, the burglaries occurred during the day while residents are away from home. In three of the cases, entry to the apartment was gained through an unlocked rear window. In one case entry was gained by removing the air conditioning unit.
Witnesses described a suspicious person in the area as a white or Hispanic male in his twenties with a slim build and scars or lesions on his face, police said. He was also described as wearing shorts and a black hooded sweatshirt.
The Yonkers Police Department is cautioning residents to secure all doors and windows when leaving their homes and asking they report any suspicious activity by calling (914) 377-7900, and 911 in an emergency.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Apple's iPhone 6 Release Packs Malls In Westchester
- 3 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Sprain Brook Parkway Checkpoint In Greenburgh Results In 12 Charges