YONKERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police from the Hawthorne barracks charged a Yonkers man with improperly collecting unemployment benefits on Tuesday, April 8, police officials said.
Troopers allege that John S. Colon, 28, was illegally collecting unemployment benefits while he was gainfully employed. He was charged with first-degree offering false instrument for filing.
Colon is scheduled to appear in City of Yonkers Court on Tuesday, April 22, State Police said.
- 1 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Greenburgh Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Rivertowns' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Tarrytown Man, 26, Pleads Guilty To Girlfriend’s Shooting Death