YONKERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police from the Hawthorne barracks charged a Yonkers man with improperly collecting unemployment benefits on Tuesday, April 8, police officials said.
Troopers allege that John S. Colon, 28, was illegally collecting unemployment benefits while he was gainfully employed. He was charged with first-degree offering false instrument for filing.
Colon is scheduled to appear in City of Yonkers Court on Tuesday, April 22, State Police said.
- 1 Hastings Man Charged With Kidnapping
- 2 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 3 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam
- 4 Dobbs Ferry's Mercy College Celebrates New President With Operation Cupcake
- 5 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed