GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Legislator Alfreda Williams (D-Greenburgh) will be the vice chair for the Committee on Seniors and Constituencies.
Legislator Bernice Spreckman (R-Yonkers), confirmed Legislator Williams (as Vice-Chair of the Committee for the 2014-15 term. The Committee was created for the 2014-2015 Legislative Term by the Board’s newly-elected Chairman Michael Kaplowitz. The committee's goal is to take on issues related to seniors, disabled citizens, LGBT, women and youth.
“I’m happy to work with Alfreda, or anyone who wants to help our seniors, our young people, the disabled or anyone who needs our help and support. That’s what public service is all about and that’s why we’re here, “ said Spreckman.
Legislator Alfreda Williams, who also chairs the Board’s Committee on Community Affairs, said that she appreciates the confidence and support of her fellow committee members.
“I have always worked hard for those in need and for those who may not have a voice. I look forward to continuing this practice in my new role,” Williams said.
- 1 Rivertowns Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Rivertowns, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Rivertowns
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Rivertowns; Blizzard Warning Issued