GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Legislator Alfreda Williams (D-Greenburgh) will be the vice chair for the Committee on Seniors and Constituencies.
Legislator Bernice Spreckman (R-Yonkers), confirmed Legislator Williams (as Vice-Chair of the Committee for the 2014-15 term. The Committee was created for the 2014-2015 Legislative Term by the Board’s newly-elected Chairman Michael Kaplowitz. The committee's goal is to take on issues related to seniors, disabled citizens, LGBT, women and youth.
“I’m happy to work with Alfreda, or anyone who wants to help our seniors, our young people, the disabled or anyone who needs our help and support. That’s what public service is all about and that’s why we’re here, “ said Spreckman.
Legislator Alfreda Williams, who also chairs the Board’s Committee on Community Affairs, said that she appreciates the confidence and support of her fellow committee members.
“I have always worked hard for those in need and for those who may not have a voice. I look forward to continuing this practice in my new role,” Williams said.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car
- 5 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Rivertowns