DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. – Graduation ceremonies for Dobbs Ferry High School have been moved to Mercy College due to ongoing construction at Waterfont Park, the school district has announced.
The district was notified Friday by the Village Manager that the Dobbs Ferry waterfront, will be under construction June 22, the scheduled graduation date.
"We are pleased to announce that this year’s commencement will be held on the Mercy College athletic turf field, where everyone can still enjoy the magnificent view of the Hudson River while celebrating this momentous occasion with the Class of 2013," the district's statement read. Mercy College is situated near Waterfront Park.
Work at the Waterfront Park began in September 2011 at Willow Point, where a new seawall bulkhead was constructed. According to Mayor Hartley Connett's recent report, the upland portion of the work could begin this summer.
Additional information regarding graduation will be available at a later date.
- 1 Former Dobbs Ferry Resident Mark Zuckerberg Says He's Going To Be A Dad
- 2 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 3 Ardsley Police Officer Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 4 Billionaire Westchester Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 5 Rivertowns Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night