DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. -- Tweens and teens who love to read are being recruited for the Dobbs Ferry Library's team that will compete in the Westchester Library System's 1st Annual Battle of the Books tournament by registering by the Wednesday, June 25, 2:30 p.m. deadline.
Teen Librarian Anne Quick is organizing the team and said in a press release that due to an overwhelming initial response the library will have its own competition in the fall to determine which members will compete in the county competition.
Battle of the Books is a book-based trivia tournament for Westchester youth in grades 6-9 (September 2014 enrollment). Participants will read five pre-selected books over the summer, attend team meetings, and compete (as a team) in the countywide Battle of the Books tournament on Saturday, Oct. 18, 2014.
Tournament champions will be rewarded with prizes, trophies, and bragging rights. All Dobbs Ferry team members will get certificates and prizes for participating. Books read may even count toward school summer reading projects.
For more details or to find out how you can get involved and support the team, contact Teen Librarian Anne Quick at email@example.com, 914-231-3055 or Librarian Trainee Elizabeth Portillo at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Dobbs Ferry Public Library is at 55 Main St.
- 1 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 2 Music, Food, Games, Events Featured At Dobbs Ferry Festa Street Fair
- 3 Saks Fifth Avenue Outlet Replaces Greenburgh Loehmann's
- 4 It's A Girl: Westchester's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 5 CDC Warns Respiratory Virus May Be Linked To Mysterious Paralysis