HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. – The track at Reynolds Field has been closed due to dangerous conditions caused by surface deterioration, the Hastings School District has announced
"After careful review of the deteriorating condition of the Reynolds Field track and based on the advice of our insurance company, the district has decided to close the facility immediately for the safety of all residents," a district notice stated.
The rubberized track around the football field at Hastings High School has a number of areas that have raised and bubbled and others that have been torn away, creating dangers to runners and walkers who frequent the public park, the district said.
Signs will be installed at each entrance this week to tell esidents that the track is closed until further notice. A variety of options for the track will be discussed at the Board of Education meeting Monday, Jan. 28, at 7 p.m. at the James Harmon Community Center.
District architects and engineers will present their findings and offer possible solutions.
- 1 Wrong-Way Driver In Hastings Charged With DWI Is ID'd
- 2 Rivertowns Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Rivertowns
- 4 Preparations For Tree Removal And 11 New Homes Under Way Near Ardsley
- 5 Netscape Co-Founder ID'd As Buyer Of Ron Howard Estate On Armonk Border