HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. — Jesse Guterman of Hastings expanded his musical experience and range in his first four months in college. And he hit a high not with a performance with the Connecticut College Percussion and New Music Concert.
Guterman, who graduated from Hastings-on-Hudson School in June, played the piano, vibraphone and percussion in a New Music Concert on Dec. 10 in the Cummings Arts Center in New London, Conn., where he is a freshman at Connecticut College.
"I had never really heard new music before coming to Connecticut, which is partially why I joined the ensemble," he said. "Preparing for the concert, this piece in particular, pushed the boundaries of my musicianship."
The concert featured the College's Percussion Ensemble and the New Music Ensemble. Peter Jarvis, Connecticut College music professor, directed the concert.
"I can't remember ever growing so much in one semester as a musician," Guterman said. "And I look forward to many more memorable concerts."
- 1 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 2 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 3 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 4 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer
- 5 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority