HASTINGS, N.Y. -- Hastings High School senior Jesse Litvin is headed to the United States Geography Olympiad in Washington D.C.
Litvin will be one of 85 students nationally vying for the Varsity level title of the United States Geography Olympiad, according to a press release. To qualify as a finalist, Litvin took an online test administered at White Plains High School.
Litvin said he has always been interested in history and geography, and spends time learning about the subjects outside of what is required in his academic classes, according to the release. After graduation from Hastings High School this spring, Litvin plans to attend Tufts University, majoring in engineering with a focus on transportation.
The competition will name four winners who will then go on to represent the United States in the International Geography Olympiad in Krakow, Poland in the summer.
More information on the Olympiad can be found at the US Geography Olympiad website.
- 1 Former Dobbs Ferry Resident Mark Zuckerberg Says He's Going To Be A Dad
- 2 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yonkers Yard
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Identifying Yonkers Hospital Inpatient
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 Rivertowns Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night