HASTINGS, N.Y. -- Hastings High School senior Jesse Litvin is headed to the United States Geography Olympiad in Washington D.C.
Litvin will be one of 85 students nationally vying for the Varsity level title of the United States Geography Olympiad, according to a press release. To qualify as a finalist, Litvin took an online test administered at White Plains High School.
Litvin said he has always been interested in history and geography, and spends time learning about the subjects outside of what is required in his academic classes, according to the release. After graduation from Hastings High School this spring, Litvin plans to attend Tufts University, majoring in engineering with a focus on transportation.
The competition will name four winners who will then go on to represent the United States in the International Geography Olympiad in Krakow, Poland in the summer.
More information on the Olympiad can be found at the US Geography Olympiad website.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 Hastings, Yonkers Will See Parking Limits, Road Closings
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 State Police Warn Rivertowns Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 Man Recovering As 'Ice Missile' From 18-Wheeler On TZB Breaks Windshield