HASTINGS, N.Y. -- Hastings' Farragut Middle School has began its participation in the 2014 National Geographic Geography Bee.
This is an annual event that begins with classroom competitions where students are asked a series of geography questions.
Students who answered all seven questions correctly will compete in the school finals on Tuesday, Jan. 14, at 3:15 p.m. in the school's Multi-Purpose Room. Spectators are welcome. The school is at 27 Farragut Ave in Hastings-on-Hudson.
The student who wins this final competition will take a written multiple choice test. Scoring well on this test will qualify the student to move on to the state level competition in Albany in early March.
The winner of the state level competition will compete in Washington at a televised, national competition at the end of May.
The following students will be participating in the school finals:
- Kimberly Rosner
- Hannah Laffer
- Jackie Collins
- Molly Gouran
- Ben Ratzkin
- Ethan Pochna
- Thomas Silver
- Liam Kaufman
- Skylar Iosepovici
- Katelin Penner
- Sam Rabinowitz
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 3 Hartsdale Woman, 46, Dies In Fall From George Washington Bridge
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Rivertowns
- 5 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High Grad Marisa Curlen, 20