HASTINGS, N.Y. -- Hastings' Farragut Middle School has began its participation in the 2014 National Geographic Geography Bee.
This is an annual event that begins with classroom competitions where students are asked a series of geography questions.
Students who answered all seven questions correctly will compete in the school finals on Tuesday, Jan. 14, at 3:15 p.m. in the school's Multi-Purpose Room. Spectators are welcome. The school is at 27 Farragut Ave in Hastings-on-Hudson.
The student who wins this final competition will take a written multiple choice test. Scoring well on this test will qualify the student to move on to the state level competition in Albany in early March.
The winner of the state level competition will compete in Washington at a televised, national competition at the end of May.
The following students will be participating in the school finals:
- Kimberly Rosner
- Hannah Laffer
- Jackie Collins
- Molly Gouran
- Ben Ratzkin
- Ethan Pochna
- Thomas Silver
- Liam Kaufman
- Skylar Iosepovici
- Katelin Penner
- Sam Rabinowitz
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Yonkers Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash ID'd
- 2 Rivertowns Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Rivertowns
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News