HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- Voters in Hastings-on-Hudson approved the school district's proposed $44.6 million budget for the 2014-2015 on Tuesday.
The budget vote was 582-155 to approve the School Board's proposal.
The 2014-2015 budget comes with an increase of 1.69 percent and remains under the state's 2 percent mandate for tax levy. Hastings Schools have averaged budget increases of 1.32 percent since 2009-2010.
Jodie Meyer and Gabrielle Lesser each received 588 votes and were elected to the Board of Education as trustees.
- 1 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 2 State Police Warn Rivertowns Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Yonkers Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash ID'd
- 4 Rivertowns Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 Fatal Crash On Sprain Brook Parkway Snarls Morning Commute