HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- Voters in Hastings-on-Hudson approved the school district's proposed $44.6 million budget for the 2014-2015 on Tuesday.
The budget vote was 582-155 to approve the School Board's proposal.
The 2014-2015 budget comes with an increase of 1.69 percent and remains under the state's 2 percent mandate for tax levy. Hastings Schools have averaged budget increases of 1.32 percent since 2009-2010.
Jodie Meyer and Gabrielle Lesser each received 588 votes and were elected to the Board of Education as trustees.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Rivertowns, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Rivertowns; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Snow Emergencies Issued For Ardsley, Hastings, Dobbs Ferry
- 5 Rivertowns Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester