HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- School district residents approved two propositions Wednesday, March 26, for $8.1 million worth of repairs and improvements to the district's three school buildings and two athletic field complexes.
Voters overwhelmingly approved Proposition I by a vote of 1,040 to 266 to allow the district to allocate $8,081,147, including a $7.5 million bond, to repair and upgrade schools buildings, install a new running track at Reynolds Field and build new athletic fields at the Burke Estate.
Proposition II passed by a vote of 961 to 271 and will allow the district to use an additional $569,554 in district funds to arrange the new field at the Burke Estate athletic complex in a tiered layout.
Taxpayers are currently paying $270 per household per year for the two existing bonds ($13.7 million), which will be fully paid in three years. Taxpayers would pay $155 per year beginning in 2017 if the new $7.5 million bond were approved.
District residents rejected an earlier proposal in October 2013. That plan would have included the use of artificial surfaces on the Reynolds Field athletic complex, which met with opposition from a majority of voters.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Rivertowns
- 5 Gang Members Charged With Murder, Other Felonies In White Plains Court