DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. -- Mercy College will be holding a ribbon cutting and reception on Thursday, April 10, to mark the opening of the School of Health and Natural Sciences exercise science suite .
Cocktails and hors d’oeuvres will begin at 6 p.m and the ribbon cutting will follow at 7:15 p.m.
The state-of-the-art exercise science suite offers an environment where students gain hands-on knowledge utilizing the latest equipment in the field to prepare them to be successful candidates in the workforce.
Mercy’s exercise science program is approved by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) education recognition program.
Students can choose to concentrate in either the performance track or the clinical track, both of which prepare students for major certifications such as the American College of Sports Medicine Health Fitness Specialties exam and the NSCA Certification Strength and conditioning specialists exam.
“The exercise science program is expanding at a rapid pace, striving to meet the growing demands for qualified graduates in the field," said program leader Dr. Astrid Mel.
The suite is a highly interactive environment where students get an opportunity to apply key concepts and gain valuable experience in a real-life setting.”
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 Irvington Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Sen. Stewart-Cousins Pushes Dobbs Ferry Permit Parking System Bill
- 5 Man, 29, Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges, Says Westchester DA