WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Bronxville High School's varsity boys lacrosse team has won four straight Section 1 titles.
On Saturday, the Broncos accomplished a significant first.
Bronxville defeated Cazenovia 13-10 in a rematch of last year's title game to win its first-ever New York state championship in a game played at Hofstra University.
The Broncos fell to Cazenovia, 13-11, in the 2013 Class C state title game.
Junior Henry Grass was named game MVP. The attackman headed to Johns Hopkins University finished with two goals and five assists. Princeton-bound junior Charlie Tarry was the game's most valuable defensive player.
Bronxville's Matt Behrens netted what proved to be the game-winner to give the Broncos an 11-10 lead with 7:17 remaining in the game. Michael Crawford then made it 12-10 four minutes later off a Grass feed. Behrens and Crawford each had three goals and an assist.
- 1 Man ID'd In Swimming Pool Death In Dobbs Ferry
- 2 Woman Found Dead In Greenburgh Home ID'd
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run