WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Bronxville High School's varsity boys lacrosse team has won four straight Section 1 titles.
On Saturday, the Broncos accomplished a significant first.
Bronxville defeated Cazenovia 13-10 in a rematch of last year's title game to win its first-ever New York state championship in a game played at Hofstra University.
The Broncos fell to Cazenovia, 13-11, in the 2013 Class C state title game.
Junior Henry Grass was named game MVP. The attackman headed to Johns Hopkins University finished with two goals and five assists. Princeton-bound junior Charlie Tarry was the game's most valuable defensive player.
Bronxville's Matt Behrens netted what proved to be the game-winner to give the Broncos an 11-10 lead with 7:17 remaining in the game. Michael Crawford then made it 12-10 four minutes later off a Grass feed. Behrens and Crawford each had three goals and an assist.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Rivertowns
- 3 New Hastings Police Officer Graduates From County Academy
- 4 Schumer Calls For Repairs To Ashford Avenue Bridge
- 5 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester