DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. - The Dobbs Ferry Youth Football program, known for its tradition of grooming players for three Dobbs Ferry High School state championship teams, will hold its annual postseason dinner on December 4.
More than 200 supporters, family members and friends are expected to attend the dinner, which will feature former New York Giants lineman Roman Oben, who was also a member of the 2002 Super Bowl champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Dobbs Ferry Youth Football's first-year President Alan Straub, a member of the Dobbs Ferry high School team that won a record 42 straight games in the mid 1980s, said the football club has had a successful year.
"This has been a great year for youth football, raising over $40,000 and getting new uniforms from head to toe for all teams - flag, tackle and cheerleaders," Straub said. "All the varsity coaches and modified coaches from Dobbs Ferry will be guests at the dinner, as well."
Those interested in attending the dinner may register at www.dfyfb.com.
- 1 Wrong-Way Driver In Hastings Charged With DWI Is ID'd
- 2 Rivertowns Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Rivertowns
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Preparations For Tree Removal And 11 New Homes Under Way Near Ardsley