NEWBURGH, N.Y. -- Jalay Knowles had 42 points and 20 rebounds to power the Ossining High School girls basketball team to a 77-47 victory Tuesday over Kingston in a Class AA state regional semifinal at Mount St. Mary's College in Newburgh.
Class AA defending state champion Ossining, which won its fourth straight Section 1 title Sunday, upped its record to 21-2 and advanced to the regional final against Horseheads High School on Saturday, March 8 in upstate Binghamton.
Knowles scored 32 of her points in the first half when the Pride ran off to a 42-24 lead. She pushed her total to 39 after three quarters and Ossining led 61-36.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 Irvington Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 3 Sen. Stewart-Cousins Pushes Dobbs Ferry Permit Parking System Bill
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Man, 29, Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges, Says Westchester DA