NEWBURGH, N.Y. -- Jalay Knowles had 42 points and 20 rebounds to power the Ossining High School girls basketball team to a 77-47 victory Tuesday over Kingston in a Class AA state regional semifinal at Mount St. Mary's College in Newburgh.
Class AA defending state champion Ossining, which won its fourth straight Section 1 title Sunday, upped its record to 21-2 and advanced to the regional final against Horseheads High School on Saturday, March 8 in upstate Binghamton.
Knowles scored 32 of her points in the first half when the Pride ran off to a 42-24 lead. She pushed her total to 39 after three quarters and Ossining led 61-36.
- 1 Rivertowns High Schools Rank Among New York's Best
- 2 Serious Crash Reported On Saw Mill Parkway
- 3 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Rivertowns; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 4 Greenburgh Doctor Sued In Joan Rivers Death Faced Earlier Malpractice Suit
- 5 College Student With Measles Rode Upstate Through Westchester