MAMARONECK, N.Y. – The team of Cathy Moon and Bea Prokop from Casperkill Golf Club in Poughkeepsie defeated 30 other teams to win the 28th MGA/MetLife Women’s Net Team Championship at Hampshire Country Club in Mamaroneck.
The duo shot a nine-under 62 to finish four strokes ahead of the competition and capture the championship.
A local team from the Ardsley Country Club also played well in the tournament and finished in sixth place. Linda Jenkins and Patti Bova shot a 68 to finish six shots behind the leaders.
The tournament, which has come to be known as the “Women’s Met Net,” requires teams to qualify at their own clubs first and then to compete at one of three sectional qualifying rounds.
The championship and the qualifying rounds consisted of 18 holes of stroke play using net better-ball scoring, and the women played at 95 percent of their course handicaps.
The weather was rainy on Thursday during the tournament, and the course provided a challenge at par 71 at 5,057 yards.
From a report by the Metropolitan Golf Association
- 1 Multi-Vehicle Crash Results In Saw Mill Closure
- 2 Historic Irvington Home About To Hit Market For $14.75M, Report Says
- 3 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 4 Greenburgh Officer Relieved Of Duty For Posting Racist Photo On Facebook
- 5 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner