OSSINING, N.Y. -- Rich Royster was a promising football player who played at Hastings High School before moving on to Ossining High School and then Central Connecticut State, where he and schoolmate Brittany Mariani were killed in an automobile accident in January 2011.
Family and friends from Hastings, Ossining and Central Connecticut will join hands for the 2nd Annual Flag Football Fundraiser in honor of Royster and Mariani Saturday at Cedar Lane Park in Ossining with proceeds going to a scholarship fund.
The fee to play in the games is $20 and comes with a free shirt. Games will be from noon to 5 p.m with lunch. Hot dogs, burgers, baked goods, drinks and other foods will be sold at the event.
Registration will be open from 11 a.m. to noon the day of the event, but organizers suggest early registration. To get a waiver/registration form to participate in the tournament, please contact:
Hastings -- Seth Snyder -- 914-374-1172
Ossining -- Adee Dubray -- 914-227-0083
Central Conn. -- Gene Johnson -- 914-207-9872
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 4 Mason Struck, Killed By His Own Van In Greenburgh
- 5 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car