PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- With NFL training camps opening, people in Peekskill are getting gripped with football fever.
Keith Staudohar, a Giants fan, is hopeful the team can improve from last year, where the team got off to an 0-6 start.
"I think there is a good chance they can turn it around," Staudohar said. "I am an 80 percent optimistic. They brought in a lot of players."
Staudohar said he did not think the retirement of Chris Snee would impact their defensive line too much.
Jim Annicchiarico, a Dobbs Ferry resident, is a long suffering Oakland Raiders fan. While he doesn't think the team will turn it around, he is hopeful they will be better than last year's 4-12 campaign.
"I mean they can't be much worse," Annichhiarico said.
Annicchiarico said he hopes his favorite player, running back Darren McFadden, will be healthy.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Rivertowns, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Rivertowns; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Rivertowns
- 5 Accidents On Slippery Westchester Roadways Include Jackknifed Trailer