PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- With NFL training camps opening, people in Peekskill are getting gripped with football fever.
Keith Staudohar, a Giants fan, is hopeful the team can improve from last year, where the team got off to an 0-6 start.
"I think there is a good chance they can turn it around," Staudohar said. "I am an 80 percent optimistic. They brought in a lot of players."
Staudohar said he did not think the retirement of Chris Snee would impact their defensive line too much.
Jim Annicchiarico, a Dobbs Ferry resident, is a long suffering Oakland Raiders fan. While he doesn't think the team will turn it around, he is hopeful they will be better than last year's 4-12 campaign.
"I mean they can't be much worse," Annichhiarico said.
Annicchiarico said he hopes his favorite player, running back Darren McFadden, will be healthy.
- 1 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 2 State Police Warn Rivertowns Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Yonkers Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash ID'd
- 4 Chance Of Snow Returns To Rivertowns Overnight
- 5 Fatal Crash On Sprain Brook Parkway Snarls Morning Commute