PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- With NFL training camps opening, people in Peekskill are getting gripped with football fever.
Keith Staudohar, a Giants fan, is hopeful the team can improve from last year, where the team got off to an 0-6 start.
"I think there is a good chance they can turn it around," Staudohar said. "I am an 80 percent optimistic. They brought in a lot of players."
Staudohar said he did not think the retirement of Chris Snee would impact their defensive line too much.
Jim Annicchiarico, a Dobbs Ferry resident, is a long suffering Oakland Raiders fan. While he doesn't think the team will turn it around, he is hopeful they will be better than last year's 4-12 campaign.
"I mean they can't be much worse," Annichhiarico said.
Annicchiarico said he hopes his favorite player, running back Darren McFadden, will be healthy.
- 1 Hastings HS Grad Marpet Selected In NFL Draft
- 2 Hastings HS Grad Marpet Projected As High Pick In NFL Draft
- 3 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 4 Couple Killed In Overnight Fire In Yonkers Believed To Be Composer, Pianist
- 5 Fiancée Angelika Graswald Charged With Hudson River Murder Of Kayaker