WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Tuckahoe boys basketball team did not score in the final two minutes Friday and were defeated 53-47 by Haldane in the Section 1 Class D championship game at the County Center.
No. 3 Haldane held the fifth-seeded Tigers to one point in the final three minutes of the game.
Haldane's Peter Hoffmann was named tournament Most Valuable Player, scoring 20 points to lead the Blue Devils to the title.
Max Pearce led Tuckahoe with 24 points and fouled out laye in the fourth quarter with his team trailing 47-46.
Haldane (Cold Spring-Putnam County) moves on to next week;s state regional playoffs.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Yonkers Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash ID'd
- 2 Rivertowns Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Rivertowns
- 4 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Rivertowns
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48