1. The undocumented do not receive Welfare in NYS.
2. My grandparents would not be able to emigrate here legally if they were to come today. They came, were successful, and their children were successful, making significant contributions to the City of Yonkers. Many of the illegals are hardworking people, just looking for a chance to better their lives, much as my grandparents were. There is no way for people such as them to come here these days. They want to work hard and pay taxes.
3. The percentage of the US population totally supported by Welfare is 1.7%. Not 17%, not 47%.
4. The percentage who receive any type of benefits is 8%. These include seniors and veterans who have worked hard, but do not get enough income between their small pension and Social Security to support themselves.
5. The racial breakdown of who receives these benefits? 39% White, 38% Black, 17% Hispanic
6. Unions created our American middle class by fighting for the common man to get a decent wage. Sorry to read the American middle class makes you sick.
I am shocked that our firefighters are at such a disadvantage. We have the best department in NY state, which has been proved time and time again. We need to step up and correct this, starting with the firehouses located in the areas of high density populations. NOW!
Definitely the Alder Mansion. I did not know Crocodile Dundee was filmed there; learn something new every day! Mona Lisa Smiles, A Beautiful MInd, and The Royal Tanenbaums are the films that come to mind that were filmed there. View Comment
The are a few tickets left, and can be bought at either the Heritage Bar & Grill on McLean Avevue or the Rambling House on Katonah Avenue in the Bronx. There also will be a few tickets for sale at the door. All tickets will be sold on a first come basis. View Comment