DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. -- It's not too early to start celebrating Easter.
The Cookery in Dobbs Ferry is already offering its classic Easter Pie. Made with parmigiana shortbread crust filled with ricotta, salami, hot and sweet sopressata and served with spicy red pepper marmalade, it's available for pick-up from now until Easter.
Or, you can make it at home. The recipe is courtesy of Chef David DiBari.
Makes one 9-inch pie, Serves 8
- 12 ounces Montena Taranto ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces hot sopressata
- 3 ounces sweet sopressata
- 2 ounces Genoa salami
- 1/2 cup Grana Padano cheese, grated
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Run the sopressata (hot and sweet) under warm water to loosen the skin (this will help to make the peeling easier). Peel and dice the sopressata and salami.
- Combine the meat, ricotta, yolk, one of the eggs, Grana Padano and cayenne in a mixing bowl. Reserve the second egg to brush the dough before it goes in the oven.
- Roll out savory Parmigiano short dough to line a 9-inch pie plate.
- Fill the lined pie plate with the meat mixture and fold the edges of the dough onto the filling.
- Lightly beat the reserved egg and, using a pastry brush, brush the edges of the dough.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Cool, chill and slice.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.