HASTINGS, N.Y. -- The Hastings High School Art Department announced the largest group of Scholastic Art Award winners in the school's history.
The school had 13 award winners who received 23 awards, including seven Gold Key Awards, the highest award in the region. The Gold Key winners go on to the national competition. The Awards "recognize the exceptional vision of the nation’s youth, and provide a singular opportunity for students to be noticed for their creative talents," representatives said.
At the regional level, about 7 to 10 percent of the works submitted receive Regional Gold Keys, 10 to 15 percent receive Silver Keys and 15 to 20 percent receive Honorable Mentions. Gold Key works are included in national-level judging. Approximately 5 to 7 percent of these works receive national recognition. In 2013, 1,930 national Medals were awarded.
The following are the 2014 Scholastic Art Award Winners (Gold, Silver, Honorable Mention) from Hastings High School:
- Alexandra Bazigos HM Drawing “Grace”
- Adrianna Cunningham Gold Drawing “Making Sleep”
- Adrianna Cunningham Silver Drawing “Fun With a Gun”
- Adrianna Cunningham HM Drawing “omg”
- Adrianna Cunningham HM Painting “noods”
- Adrianna Cunningham HM Painting “Befuddled”
- Julia Dailey HM Painting “Mom”
- Julia Dailey HM Painting “Dad”
- Jocelyn Fine HM Digital Composite
- Molly Gross Gold Photo “Man in Building”
- Maya Jason Silver Photo “Untitled”
- Emily Linn Silver Drawing “Adolescence”
- Emily Linn HM Drawing “Phoebe”
- Celia Murray Gold Painting “Autumn Forest”
- Emily Rogers Gold Photo “Untitled”
- Hattie Shapiro Gold Photo “Mujeres”
- Ben Torda Gold Painting “Self Portrait”
- Ben Torda Silver Painting “My Father”
- Ben Torda HM Painting “Self Portrait”
- Ben Torda HM Drawing “Self Portrait”
- Teah Wyman Silver Mixed Media “Death of Marat Reinterpreted”
- Sophia Zordan Gold Photo “Dog”
- Sophia Zordan HM Drawing “Desertification”
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.